Arturia V-Collection 5
Arturia has announced the release of its V collection update. This update is a major rewrite of both the GUI and engines of these seminal synths. Featuring all new Minimoog Filter modeling amongst the many improvements this years update is a truly inspiring collection.
Along with updates to the currently available collection of synths for v-collection4 , New synths join the fray! : Synclavier V, the B-3 V, the Stage-73 V, the Farfisa V, and Piano V, a complete suite of acoustic pianos.
The new GUI’s represent a hi-res depiction of each synth and function as the real instruments would. There are also lots of great hidden panels to discover that reveal things like expanded controls, FX and more. I can tell you I was lucky enough to do some sound design work on this project and the GUI’s are a huge improvement. They make simple tasks like midi mapping to a controller much easier. There is now a simple midi button that lets you quickly map your controllers. If you already have a key lab controller, the mapping is already laid out in an intuitive way for you! While working on the presets for the Jup- V3 I was able to easily map every control to a roland system 1 and use that as my controller. I then was able to easily save that controller mapping right inside the VST so that no matter what DAW I use I can recall that mapping quickly and easily! Gotta love hands on control!
The under the hood improvements are quite a head turner. listen to the new Mini-V filter for instance and you hear a rich growling resonance, The way the Synclavier is recreated is truly stunning and honestly my favorite of the whole bunch. Not only is the low resolution digital heart recreated, but its been modeled all the way down to how the vintage DAC crunched up the sound as well… this is not just a bit crusher tossed onto a plug in, and you can tell. In addition to these modeling techniques, there are also above and beyond improvements. Such as being able to run the synclavier at high resolutions. or combine various versions of the prophet into a monster hybrid synth. Really this brings the V collection back to the top of the “best plugins” lists.
The browsers are all unified now and have a very clean easy to navigate look to them. With over 5000 presets designed by some of the top sound designers in the world there is a huge sound scape to get you started.
an all new analog lab 2 is there to pull it all together for gigs and quick performances.
this is one update definitely worth checking out.
- Includes 17 software titles: Analog Lab, Synclavier V, B-3 V, Mini V, Piano V, Stage-73 V, Matrix-12 V, Farfisa V, Solina V, SEM V, Wurli V, Jup-8 V, ARP 2600 V, CS-80 V, Prophet V, VOX Continental V, Modular V
- Each virtual instrument in the V Collection can be used as a stand-alone application or as a VST, AU or AAX plug-in
- Redesigned browser for fast access to sounds
- High resolution graphic interfaces, compatible with very large displays
- All instruments share a common interface for browsing, editing (save, import, export, …)
- Easy MIDI mapping to any keyboard controller.
- Easy install and licence manager : Arturia Software Center.
- More than 5000 high-quality and innovative sound presets.
- Analog Lab 2 – All presets of the V Collection 5 can be browsed and edited from a single interface
- Arturia’s proprietary technology, TAE®, ensures that each analog modeling instrument sounds and behaves exactly like the original.
- Manuals in English, Japanese and French