Brad from Isla Instruments had a live stream today detailing how the filters in the new sp2400 sampler will work.
check the video below.
- Sp2400 will have a stereo version of the original fixed analog Input filter.
- the input filter can also be accessed during “resampling” mode allowing you to send samples from the SD card back through the input stage to apply this analog filtered sound to your preexisting sound library.
- the output filters follow the layout of the original sp1200 machine in that there are 4 fixed output (non-sweepable) analog filters.
- the “tip/ring” filter trick is handled via onboard analog logic circuit that allows you to get this sound without having to actually “half plug” the jack to access that sound.
- there are 2 Dynamic SSI Analog filters.
- in addition to the analog filters there are also digital filters per output that are fully dynamic.
- there is support for future daughter board add ons that allow for 8 additional fully controllable filter.
- daughter board add ons in the future : there are plans for SSI filter , Curtis filters, as well as open sourcing of the schematics so that 3rd party can release additional filter styles.
- the daughter board add ons do not need to be limited to just analog filters, they could be digital or hybrid filter boards (this would be up to the 3rd part.).
The Sp2400 is available for preorder direct from Isla Instruments https://www.islainstruments.com/product/sp-2400/