- you can use your SparkLE usb controller with this app, that means you have an actual tactile hands on drum machine experience with just a iPad as the processing power… think about this for live shows or that “stand alone drum machine” feel… thats pretty dope right?
- its available for iPad air and above… why does that matter? well because it means they are jamming serious power into this app and not letting older iPad units hold it back with lack of processing power. This is a double edged sword because I’m sure Arturia risks missing out sales from owners of older iPad devices. It also means the writing is now on the wall for those of us with older iPads (I currently own an iPad 4 and was hoping to get one last year out of it.)
- the in app store looks to have a promising host of content. Already there are three promising expansions with more to come. I love new sounds at affordable prices.
- ableton link is already tested and working along with a host of other sync abilities. very nice to see this app playing nicely in a host of varied environments. Continue reading
Who better to formally introduce 001, then, than one of the most brilliant synth design minds in the UK — Modal Electronics co-founder and Director Paul Maddox: “While we were elated by the worldwide reaction to 002, we were also aware that, for some, 002 was out of their reach. Also, in many modern music styles, a full 12 notes of polyphony isn’t always required. We’ve had a passion for monosynths for years — ever since creating the Monowave, but with 001 we wanted to create an outstanding performance instrument with sonic abilities to keep its users creative for many years to come. Through some innovative design work, we have managed to squeeze not one, but two discrete voices from 002, making it a truly duophonic — not a paraphonic — instrument.”
Output, a relative new comer to the virtual instrument market continues to make waves. Today they announced Signal. This is the second product (REV was the first offering from them and was very well received) offering from the new developer and looks to impress.
Signal offers up a compelling way to create pulsing rhythmic sounds while combining fat analog, shimmering digital synths and beautiful acoustic instrument sources. These sources are deeply integrated with powerful sequencing and LFO modulations. All of this is controlled through a clever GUI that is very pleasing on the eyes and inspiring. The macro controls and fast browsing experience looks to really enhance workflow.
I am looking forward to doing a full review on this product in the near future. Until then I’ll hold you over with these gorgeous shots and this nice video
- 500 Pulse Instruments for instant playability
- A massive array of content
- 40GB including analog synths, digital synths and organic instruments
- Up to 4 separate pulses at one time
- All pulses lock to tempo
- Rhythms: Looper, Step Sequencers, Arpeggiators, LFOs
- 4 central MACRO sliders unique to each of the 500 Pulse Instruments
FluxWithIt Presents: Drum Potion vol. 1
Drum Potion vol.1 is a new drum sample pack for all 32 bit .wav compatible samplers. (with kits especially formatted for Native Instrument Maschine)
123 Expertly crafted drum samples
5 maschine kits
These drums are recorded and optomized to give individual character to your drum sampler.
File structure is logically laid out into individual folders for each type of sound (kick, Snare, Hi-hat etc)
The sounds range from subtle kick drum variances to Hard lined Punchy sounds.
Grab it now!
Well this one has been a long time coming. I went out and did some extensive on location recordings. I altered drum kits, Bolted on sheets of metal to tom toms, ran them through crazy analog effects, and generally beat the living hell out of everything that I could find to make the best sounding hard hitting drums around.
Dominant Drums consists of
- 25 fully Maschine optimized kits,
- 6 synths,
- 5 multi fx groups,
- 200 patterns
- 400+ browser tagged samples.
Animodule eurorack synth modules are some of the most character filled Eurorack modules out.
I thought it was time to share some of the joy of owning these modules with the rest of you… FOR FREE.
Animodule eurorack modules are hand built in Pennsylvania and consists of everything from VCO’s to Filters to logic modules, VCA’s , envelopes… everything you need to make your synth amazing.
Over the past 6 months I have had the joy of getting to dig deep into these modules and I have to say they are just bursting with character all their own. I highly recommend if you are building a eurorack synthesizer to check them out!
Here is the free sound pack consisting of 50 new sounds, and 1 fresh demo kit for Maschine 2.0
This new maschine expansion has been a labor of love. Drums were recorded in a variety of settings using both traditional kits as well as “found sound” kits. The drums were then processed through a variety of outboard gear and optimized for usage in todays top drum sequencing software with a special focus on Native Instruments Maschine.
The Expansion pack is available for both Maschine 1.8 and 2.x format also as individual wav files that are organized by category( kick, snare, etc)
All sounds are individually tagged for easy browsing.
Each kit is mapped out with finger drumming in mind!
Take a look at Dominant Drums!
available Soon at Bigfishaudio.com!